“Books or classes often give the impression that there are prerequisites for the study of yoga…(however) we begin where we are and how we are, and whatever happens, happens…So let us not forget, we can begin practicing yoga from any starting point…”
- The Heart of Yoga – T.K.V. Desikachar
Welcome to The Yoga Sanctuary!
We offer many opportunities for the beginner student. And anyone, regardless of age or flexibility, can practice yoga. Just bring an open mind and an open heart!
1. Register for the Intro to Yoga series
“This series helped me understand the basic philosophies and postures that I did not have before even though I had attended classes.” - Cathy
- This six week series is specifically designed to introduce the new student to the basics of yoga with small classes and individualized attention. Upon completion, you will have the confidence and knowledge to step into any Level I or Gentle class.
- A new series begins each month at varying days and times.
- Sign up for our next intro to yoga series.
2. Purchase a New to Yoga Package
“Bonnie – You truly embody all that you teach. Your space truly is a sanctuary….thank you for being here. I now have something to look forward to upon returning to Punta Gorda!” - Sandy
- This package includes a 60 minute private session plus 5 yoga classes for only $99 (a $26 savings).
- A great way to start or restart your practice on your own schedule.
- Offered to first time students only.
- Sign up for a New to Yoga Package.
3. Drop in to any Gentle or Level I class.
“This is the first class I have come away from feeling truly excited about continuing. Thank you again!” - Nancy
- These classes do not require pre-registration. We recommend gentle or level one classes for newer yoga students.
- Our Gentle classes incorporate seated or reclined postures only and are a great starting point for anyone, especially those suffering from injuries.
- Our Level I classes incorporate aspects of the Gentle class while introducing some standing postures.
- Simply show up 10-15 minutes before class starts to introduce yourself to the instructor and complete a student profile. Click here to see schedule.
Arrive 10 – 15 minutes before class to complete some paperwork.
Introduce yourself to the instructor and communicate any pre-existing medical issues.
Dress comfortably. Classes are all barefoot.
Avoid Perfume Please help us maintain a fragrance-free environment.
An empty stomach will ensure you are more comfortable in class. Wait two to three hours after a meal or a half hour after a light snack.
Yoga mats can be borrowed before class or purchased at the studio. Or bring your own mat if you have one.
Check in at the front desk, take off your shoes and turn off your cell phone. There is space in the studio to safely store you personal belongings.